Miso-Curry Delicata Squash (from Super Natural Everyday by Heidi Swanson)
12 ounces delicata squash
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white miso
1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste
8 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into small cubes
4 medium new potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chunks
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups chopped kale, tough stems removed
1/3 cup tasted pumpkin seeds
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Cut the delicata squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to clear out all of the seeds. Cut into 1/2- inch thick half moons.
3. In a medium bowl, wisk together olive oil, miso, and curry paste. Combine tofu, potatoes, and squash in a large bowl with 1/3 cup of the iso-curry paste. Use your hands to toss well and then turn the vegetables onto a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
4. Roast 25-30 minutes, until everything is tender and browned. Toss once or twice along the way to prevent burning. Keep a close watch, though; the vegetables can go from browned to burned in a flash.
5. In the meantime, whisk the lemon juice into the remaining miso-curry paste, then stir in the kale until coated.
6. Toss the roasted vegetables gently with the kale, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro. Serve family style in a large bowl or on a platter.
For more fabulous food and photos from Nourish The Roots,